Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

I don't know if you can tell, but I'm rather excited by the premature arrival of my school holidays. Today, after the worlds most stressful, panicked filled day, I was informed that due to a cross-country meet, middle school play and high school internship, I'm free to start my Toussaint vacation 3 days early. That is to say that the stars have aligned to rightfully reward me for not giving up on my temporary chosen career, but primarily for not throwing problem children out of windows. I've been tempted. And on many ocassions it would have been justified. Anyways, I want to say something clever, but I think I'm too brain dead after 5 hours of class and 3 hours of prep work today. It's weird, I spent all day trying to teach people words, but at the end of the day, I don't have enough of them left over for me. I swear I can speak English, really. I just can't remember any of the words I want to use. Anyways...tired ramblings...now that I'm free (Free at last!) I'm attempting to come up with a plan for my precious hard earned extra hours. At the moment, the plan is to chill out here tomorrow, do laundry, fix holey clothing (holey not holy), research Belgium as much as possible and finally do a much needed pre-vacation room cleaning. Maybe I'll make it to Verdun for a couple of hours, for the usual, ever exciting train ticket buying and window shopping. I'm sure I'll regret the decision to stay in Stenay tomorrow, when it's noon and I'm already bored out of my mind, but at least at the moment, I need a little decompression time. But after that, Thursday, it's on to Belgium! The tentative plan is Bruxelles October 20-23, Bruges October 23-26. After that it's "home" to Frankfurt for the rest of the trip (October 26-November 2). That's a pretty big chunk of time in Frankfurt, considering all of my lovely friends are now responsible adults with jobs that require them to be physically and mentally present during the work week. But, there's always the option of day trips. So...we shall see. Hopefully in Frankfurt I'll be able to upload photos of my trips. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment