Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I am a master procrastinator!

And what i mean by that is: OH MY GOD I'M LEAVING IN 3 DAYS AND I'M TOTALLY UNPREPARED!!! Obviously I'm excited for the epic adventure that is moving to a different country by myself, and I'm thrilled to have this amazing opportunity for job experience and linguistic improvement, but...I think I've been in denial about how much work moving entails and how many things that are desperately important to me that I'll have to give up (friends, family, cheeseboard pizza, english puns...etc). So in order to avoid tears, I've been completely ignoring the moving process. As a result, I'm moving in actually less than 3 days and I still haven't packed or said goodbye to some of my best friends. I really don't know if i can do it. I mean, obviously packing has to get done at some point, unless I want to spend a year in France naked and shivering in the cold, but the very thought of saying goodbye to the people who have, over the past few years, shaped me as a person, is terrifying. Even if none of you read this (you know who you are), I just want to thank you for being so thoughtful, so tolerant of my weirdness and so willing to be brutally honest with me. I couldn't have done it without you. I miss you already and desperately hope that we'll be able to meet again sometime. Don't forget to write or call or skype or whatever. So, before the hysterical crying starts, I'm going to attempt to do some laundry and decide which socks will be accompanying me to Stenay. Baby steps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment